Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Still Grieving

It was two weeks ago today that we learned that my sweet Roscoe died in his sleep. I am still grieving.

I don't cry everyday, but when I see pictures or pass by his doggie bed or his food/water bowls, my heart aches. My sweet BFF Susie, who has knew Roscoe just as long as I did, went with me on Monday to pick up his ashes at my vet's office. On the drive there, I was totally cool and calm about it... but the minute they handed me the beautiful urn with his ashes, I bawled. The company who took care of him for me did an amazing job. They sent me a sympathy card that said they were taking care of him for me and would be available for questions. Heavenly Acres for Pets treated my sweet pup with respect and for that, I am extremely grateful.


For now, I cannot throw away his old dog food or his fluffy bed. I have left his food and water bowls where they were. I am keeping his leash and collar on the hooks near the front door, hanging right next to Zoe's. I'm just not ready yet.

Even Kennedy, while certainly not sad or a teary mess like her mama, said her prayers last night and thanked God for her family: Mommy, Daddy, Brady, Roscoe and Zoe. My heart sank and then I thought.... That's okay. We can still pray for him.

1 comment:

LA and BD said...

Hi - I'm a college friend of Tracy's...not sure if I've commented here before or not. I just wanted to say I've loved reading your touching posts about Roscoe. I have a "fur-child" that has a similar story -- I rescued him when I was in college, and he's seen me through a wedding, a cross country move, etc, so I can only imagine your sense of loss. Hugs to you and your family!