Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Best Husband

While Mommy was away this weekend having much-needed girl time, Daddy was rocking the role of father/entertainer/cook/cleaner/diaper changer..... etc.

I had an absolute blast this weekend with my girls Susie and Shelley. We laughed, had lots of cocktails, saw a chick flick, laughed some more, power walked, and then drank some more!


And while I was soaking up some time with my best friends, Chris was being a rockstar dad. I have always thought that dads should be just as involved as us moms out there. They should be able to watch the children they helped create. They aren't babysitters; they are the kids' father. But my husband watches the kids AND goes the extra steps. I would suspect many moms come home to a wrecked house, dirty children, dishes in the sink, and kids fed peanut butter and jelly all weekend.

Not me!

Kennedy had a sleepover at her friends' Maddie and Ellie's house, so Chris just had Brady to contend with over part of the weekend. But he seized the opportunity with Brady still at school Friday afternoon and Kennedy at the movie with Nina... and mowed the yard. He also washed, dried, folded all the laundry and put it away. He ran the dishwasher and unloaded it. He had dinner ready when I got home Sunday afternoon.

And to top it all off - and this is THE biggest of them all - he had 1/2 the kids on our street playing in our backyard in the sprinkler. FIVE kids running through our backyard is NOT Chris' idea of an ideal Sunday afternoon. (I'm the opposite - bring on the "rat pack" of kids!) I DID get a nice little text message from him saying I owed him big time for the neighborhood party he got sucked into.

So ladies... be jealous! Because this mama has THE best husband. And I'm sure he'd be willing to teach your husbands the tricks of the trade.

1 comment:

Deni said...

Your Chris is definately a keeper! We'll see how Sean reacts when he's in the same position, I'm guessing some lessons a la LaPierre will be needed!!