Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day 2010

I don't know if Chris loves Father's Day as much as I love Mother's Day, but either way - we were going to make it a special day for a VERY special daddy. Not only did he get a round of golf at Olde Oaks Golf Club and a new polo shirt (this amazing tangerine color!).... but he also got a super hero supply box!!!

What is a super hero supply box, you ask? Well, thanks to the amazing folks at Living Locurto - I printed out these precious little labels, bought some cellophane bags, and Kennedy and I assembled this munch fest that only a super hero deserves!
He absolutely loved it!! And from the looks of Brady's eyeballs staring at all the goodies, I think Super Hero dad might share his supplies with the hero-in-training.

I am blessed beyond measure to have this man in my life. He is the most thoughtful, loving husband I could have ever asked for. Mom and I were talking on Sunday and she said it best: "He was perfectly crafted for you!" Yes, he was! He adores our children, playing "tickle monster" in the living room and chasing them around the house. He works JUST as hard around the house as any stay-at-home parent would... but he still works 40 hours in his paying job!

He often makes dinner, takes kids to and from school, manages our money (a HUGE relief for me), picks up the shoes I leave all over the house, and never once does he complain about it. But he sure does listen to all my complaining!

And while I'm in grad school, he watches the kids so I can do my research. I am so incredibly lucky..... and I hope Kennedy will strive to find a man like her daddy and that Brady will follow in his footsteps. Happy Father's Day!

No comments: