Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Big TWO!

My sweet son Brady,

I cannot believe that you are two years old. The past two years have absolutely flown by. I remember being in the hospital getting ready to deliver you. I had NO idea if you were going to be a boy or a girl, but either way - my heart was ready to welcome you in. You have brought so much love into my heart and having a son is everything I hoped it would be... and more.

We celebrated your birthday this weekend with Nina, Papa, and Uncle Tim. You are a huge fan of dinosaurs (you call them "ohhh-sah"), so I made you a purple dino cake. As soon as I showed you, your eyes opened WIDE and you starting saying "ohhh-sahh! ohhh-sahh! ohhhh-sahh!" over and over and over again.


You were very excited to open presents, which have kept you busy all weekend long. Between dinosaurs, water toys, dinosaurs, cars, and more dinosaurs - you are SET for a while!


Oh - and you should know by now that your mommy is a silly lady. I bought these dinosaur noses for all of us to wear. They were a huge hit between you and your sister.


...and I made your daddy put a nose on for ONE picture.


Papa helped you blow out your birthday candle... and then you chowed down on some "ohh-sah" cake! Chocolate cake was everywhere!


You are such a sweet boy and I cannot wait to see you grow and develop more and more with each passing year. I am unbelievably blessed to have you as my son. I can see glimpses of your daddy in you from time to time. I'm sure I will see more of those traits as you get older.

I love your curiosity for frogs sitting in the water hose... bugs flying around the light posts... or the taste of chalk. You are eager to try new foods; and you have the most amazing smile. You love to play outside, in the water (sprinkler or pool - both make you happy as a clam), or with your sister. She has fallen in love with you just as much as me and your daddy.
Happy 2nd Birthday to my sweet Brady!

No comments: