Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Things I love....

Not only is the purpose of this blog to document events and memories for my family to read many years down the road, but it's also a way for my kids to know a little about me (and their daddy).

So, I decided to put together a list of 10 things I love... besides the people in my life because there would be WAY more than 10 because I love A LOT of people. Here we go:


1. I love organization. Like.... neatly stacked books on a bookshelf or baskets of stuff, any kind of stuff... or a coffee cup with pens and pencils neatly contained... Sometimes when I'm feeling a little overly organized, I place the items in my grocery cart buggy just right so they don't tip over, all the cold on one side, cans together, boxes together. You get the point.

2. I LOVE "school supplies." When Kennedy got her list of school supplies for kindergarten - I was GIDDY. Seriously. Picking out a fresh package of pens or pencils, notebooks, binders made me so happy. I'm so in love with school supplies that I have my own secret stash of office supplies in my desk at work.

3. I love getting a piece of mail that is NOT a bill. People just don't do that anymore. E-mail is much faster, but it's just not as personal. I have a basket of cards (yes, remember organization as #1!) because I like sending cards, too.

4. I love the smell of my kids' skin at their temples. I know this sounds weird, but it is the perfect place to plant lots of kisses. It is soft and rarely dirty from food, snot or other yuckies.

5. I love it when Chris makes me laugh. He's not a jokester, but every once in a while - he says something completely random that makes me giggle. When he does that, it's hard to stop smiling at him.

6. I love having dance parties in the living room with the kids. Kennedy LOVES to dance. Brady just bounces. Chris, well.... if he's home, he sits on the couch and watches.

7. The first sip of Diet Coke in the morning... W.O.W. Sweet nectar from the gods.

8. I love that I live in Louisiana again. I missed this place. There is so much goodness here. The people are amazingly friendly; the crawfish is to die for; my family is close; it has that everyone-knows-your-name feel. I do miss my LaPierre family in Maine, my friends in Texas, and my sister in Arkansas - but if they could just all move here!!

9. I love to read. I don't get to read as much as Chris because I can barely hold my eyelids open at 10 o'clock at night, but I do love it. I'm thinking that I'll get to read fun books again after graduate school and when our kids start becoming a little more independent. Until then, it's magazine articles and researching for school.

10. I must save room for one cheesy "love" - snuggling on the couch with Chris. It's a nightly tradition after the kids go to bed... time for winding down and decompressing.

Next up - Chris will share his Things I Love! Believe it or not, I asked him to make a list and he did!!

No comments: