Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mamas know everything

Yes, us mamas know everything. It's true. I didn't believe it when I was little and my mom said she knew everything. But today, I believe it to be true... and I tell Kennedy that regularly. She quickly replies, "Nuh uh..." (translation - "No you don't.")

Last week when I was finishing up making dinner and she was in the kitchen singing the song she had learned at school that lists all the presidents of the United States. She was very proud of herself that she knew every one of them. So as I finished cooking, she sat down at the table with her back to me, facing the backyard. I had already given her her dinner - because she takes FOREVER to eat.. it reminds me of my sister when we were little. Anyway, I KNEW she hadn't started eating. Why? Because I'm mama. I know everything.

I couldn't see her plate, but I knew she wasn't eating. Here's how the conversation went:

Me: "Kennedy, you need to go ahead and start eating. I KNOW you're not eating yet."

Kennedy: (spins her head around quickly to face me, smiling from ear to ear) "How do YOU know?"

Me: "Because mamas know everything. I told you that before."

Kennedy: "But you don't know all the presidents like I do."

Crap.

2 comments:

Deni said...

Score, Miss Priss:1, Mama Priss:0, you'll get her next time!!

Tracy said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh that one had me laughing out loud!

Actually, you DO know all the Presidents... you just don't remember them as well as her... :)