Monday, February 22, 2010

20 months

Okay, don't laugh... but I had to count out how many months Brady is. With Kennedy, I think I labeled her in months until she was at least two years old. And I knew the answer the instant someone asked me how old she was. With Brady, I've been telling everyone he's a year and a half since Christmas. So technically, he's 20 months... but now I'll start telling people he'll be two in June. That's the second-child syndrome.

Anyway, while I am thinking about it - here are the words my sweet son can say... with appropriate translations.
Mommy

Daddy

Sissy (his name for Kennedy)

hi/bye bye

ni-ni (night night)

I yuh yoo (I love you - sweetest thing...)

joo (juice)

uh oh!

NO (my LEAST favorite word)

ball

baby

car

cow

tee (eat)

meena (banana)

petzul (pretzel..which sounds a lot like puzzle)

bear (but it sounds more like someone with a yankee accent - "bay-yuh" - and it could mean that he's pointing to a bear in a book... or wants a gummy bear)

Wo wee (Zoe)

Ah-dah (for Roscoe... it started as "doggie" - which he pronounced "ah-dah" - and it stuck)

chee (cheese, meaning the food OR when he's taking pictures)

Of course he is babbling up a storm and "talking" on the phone and saying things that we have no idea what they are. But these are the words we have figured out so far. I just keep wondering if he's going to be a jabber-jaw like his mom and sister or quiet like his daddy. Time will tell.......

2 comments:

Deni said...

That's exactly how Miller says banana!! Too cute. From my professional stance, your kid is perfect!! (Ok, I may have some personal thought there too!!)

Tracy said...

I really just love his sweet smile. It is the cutest!

(man I wished we lived there)