Saturday, February 27, 2010

Adventures with Pixie

On my way to work earlier this week, I was driving up Airline Drive (a very busy four-lane road) when suddenly the cars started swerving and everyone was breaking. When the cars parted, I saw the sweetest little face... scared and shaking in the middle of the road. I carefully merged into the center turning lane and scooped her up. Meet Pixie.


She is a Boston Terrier who had been intentionally let out of her house and her owner was frantic when I finally reached her. If it had been one of my dogs, I would hope that someone would do the same for me. So Pixie spent the day at my house until her owner could pick her up.

So before I took Pixie home, I brought her with me to pick up the kids. They ADORED her. As my mom said, she's so ugly - she's cute. Good point! I think the kids liked her because she was so much calmer than Zoe.
So Pixie went back to her owner and we went about our evening routine. Chris was out of town that day, so I sent him a picture of Pixie. His response, "Am I coming home to a new member of our family?"

Hahahaa!

No comments: