Thursday, March 12, 2009

Tee ball

Nina and Papa bought Kennedy a tee ball set for her 4th birthday last summer. It's been hanging out at their house, just waiting for K to come play. My parents finally brought it over to our house so she could actually use it this spring and last weekend provided the perfect weather for learning to play. Her sweet daddy showed her how to hold the bat and explained in detail how to stand, how to "keep your eye on the ball"... and Little Miss Adventurous hit the ball the first try!

I hope she plays outdoor sports in school because it's great activity and she will learn sportsmanship - something she is already having a very time with. I played a little softball, but definitely played tee ball. I remember the pictures of me playing and poor Kennedy looks a little like me then.

But she most definitely needs to learn sportsmanship. She must win every race; she must beat us at every game; she is already extremely competitive. Now I don't know where she gets that from. Ha!

I think it's time she learn what it feels like to lose. I'm betting her little brother will give her a run for her money when the time comes!

No comments: