Friday, March 27, 2009

My boy

There is something different about being a mother to a little baby boy. I know there are the obvious differences, but when I look at Brady - there is something that just melts my heart. Maybe the way he pulls up in my lap until his face is as close to my face as it can be. Maybe it's that he has this adorable distressed look on his face when he sees me like he wants to get to me as fast as he can, but isn't sure how.
And maybe it's not any of those things, but the simple fact that having a baby in the house is so much fun. If my dear friend Kandi is reading this right now, she might disagree on the choice of word "fun"... she has a one week old at home!

But babies who can sit up, play, coo, laugh, splash in the tub are SO much fun. Even Kennedy has gotten into the action. She loves to hold him (although only for a few seconds because he is so heavy). She absolutely loves to splash in the bathtub with him.

While Chris and I are certainly DONE having children, these are the days I will try to hold onto. Once Brady gets Kennedy's age, I will have to rack my brain to remember the sweet sounds of "Dada dada dada"... and the belly laughs.. and the sweet snuggles at bedtime... and sneezing Cheerios out little noses... and all the little things that make me feel so loved without even hearing those three words.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

OH MY WORD, HE IS SO CUTE! I could just eat him up! :)