Friday, December 31, 2010

Reflections on 2010.....

I blinked and this year was over.

I remember last New Years Eve - getting ready to go to Eric's house for a small get together of friends. We called it "Let the Games Begin in 2010." It was a low-key, wine-drinking, Wii-playing kind of night.... :)
That was before Eric and Leann were married. Now they're happily hitched with a baby boy on the way, due in February.

It's funny how much can change in a year. Last year, Brady was a tiny little one year old. (Okay, wait.... he's never really been tiny). Now, he's talking more, loves to count, point out colors, and regularly asks to "talk a Nina" on the phone.


Kennedy was a pip squeak in kindergarten. Now, she's a sassy first grader who I can tell is going to give me a run for my money. Her sass can only be matched by her mama... and that's the problem. She's a mini-me. Yikes. Jumping shirtless on the neighbor's trampoline.... taking a quick squat to pee in the field next to our next door neighbor's house... these are things you don't expect a six year old to do. Yet sweet Kennedy has shamelessly done both these things.
Chris got a promotion this year... And I took a completely different job working from home so I could have more time and be involved with the kids and their schools. It's been a very busy year and I expect it to only get busier in 2011 with sooooooooooooo many babies being born.

We'll get a new addition to the Skinner family..... NO, NOT ME!! My sister is having another little girl. And I'm getting my very own adhoc goddaughter when Susie and Ford welcome a little girl from Columbia to their family.
Lots to look forward to next year!


As far as 2010 goes, it was a very good year. The hardest part was losing my sweet puppy Roscoe. I think of him often and even tear up every once in a while thinking of all that we had been through together. But with the addition of Zoe, life goes on in our house. Our family has completely fallen in love with her.
Overall, we were extremely blessed this year. I am thankful for my healthy family, fantastic friends, good jobs for me and Chris, two entertaining and lively kids, and the most loving husband a girl could ask for....

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: