Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Crochet

With the inspiration of my nanny in mind (my great-grandmother on the Gardner side of my family) -- I taught myself how to crochet. ((Okay, okay. That sounds like I just figured it out on my own. I watched YouTube repeatedly!!))

One of my favorite blankets is an afghan that my Nanny made. And since my mom won't hand it over, I decided to learn how to make my own treasures. But before plunging into a massive blanket, I started small. A tiny scarf.

I picked the perfect shade of purple yarn for my sweet girl. When she realized I was making her a scarf, she squealed in excitement! She asked everyday if it was ready. Finally last weekend, I finished it. She wore it around the house that morning, but when we were finally ready to leave for church -- she didn't have it on. I asked why she wasn't wearing it, she replied very matter-of-factly... "I just don't want to."

So much for the excitement.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Tracy said...

You should have made her wear it. :)