Saturday, April 2, 2011

Quiet time

I am sitting in the living room, alone without a single sound except the hum if the refrigerator in the kitchen. Brady is napping (against his will); Kennedy is playing outside; Chris is in New Orleans for his birthday/golf trip. The dryer just buzzed loudly that my sheets are done, but instead of jumping up to put them back on the bed -- I am sitting here.... in the cool, quiet room... sun shining through the windows, Zoe at my feet. And for once, I am enjoying this.

I hate to sit still. I don't really like the quiet either. I'd rather have the TV on, my computer in my lap, kids playing around me -- I just like activity in general. I like to be busy ALL.THE.TIME. Today was no exception....

7:00 am -- Brady up
7:30 -- start packing "stuff" for K's 10 am soccer game
8:00 -- shower for Mom while B plays (Would have skipped shower but didn't get one yesterday....AND B comes in bathroom and starts banging on the shower door. Yay me!)
8:30 -- breakfast for B while I dry hair
9:00 -- pack car, pick up K who spent the night at a friend's house
9:15 -- head to soccer park, but tank on empty. Fill up QUICKLY!
10:00 -- soccer game + one trip to the potty + one trip back to car for K's Gatorade.
11:00 -- game over. Our team won! Everyone's hungry....
11:30 -- Lunch at Cane's
12:00 -- Need a few things. Stop at Target. Brady's impossible to manage at this point. Pop his hiney at least twice. Threaten many more.
1:00 -- home, unload soccer stuff, lawn chairs, groceries. Unload bags inside. Kennedy darts outside to play. Brady pitches a royal fit when I tell him he needs to nap.

So it makes sense why today, as I juggle entirely too many things, I am enjoying the silence. Because I'm sure ANY minute now -- a kid will need something........





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: