Thursday, February 10, 2011

Poetry Contest

My heart is exploding with pride this morning. My sweet baby girl got up in front of the ENTIRE 1st grade, including parents, and recited a poem for the American Heritage Poetry Contest. Did I mention she had to MEMORIZE it?


I bought her a Betsy Ross costume, for a little extra flair. She did an AMAZING job!!! I couldn't be more proud of her!

Right before the assembly started -- I went over to her seat, gave her a quick hug and "good luck"... and she looked at me and said, "Mama - I'm not even nervous!" :)

Here it is on YouTube...

It's not important that she won in her class. What's important to me is that she put I'm the work to memorize it and marched up on that stage, grabbed the microphone and said her poem in front of hundreds of people.

Yay Kennedy!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Deni said...

Way to go precious Kennedy! That doll is going places, enjoying watching her grow up and do great things!

Tracy said...

Yeah! Good for her! I'm not surprised at all... she is a born performer. :)