Sunday, February 6, 2011

Naps

I love naps.

L.O.V.E.

Truly love. Particularly Sunday naps. After church... and snuggling with Kennedy.



I always feel rested after I wake up. When Chris travels, I don't get enough sleep (mainly because I don't like to go to bed without him, so I stay up way too late)...

Chris sets me up with my favorite pillows and my ultimate favorite blanket (a quilt I quietly took from my mom's house that I always snuggled with when I was a kid. Shhhh! Don't tell her I have it!!) He closes the blinds, turns on the fan, tucks me in, and I settle in for the ultimate Sunday event.

So why, I ask, do I always feel so guilty? This is my thought process:

"I want to lay down. I reeeeeeeally want to sleep, especially with my blanket. Gosh - I kinda feel bad about taking that blanket. Nah. I don't really. I love it. But, I should be doing other stuff around the house -- like laundry, working on getting more business, picking up all the toys in the living room. Or I could be crocheting. I have Kennedy's blanket to finish, Brady's blanket to start. I really shouldn't nap..."

Guilt. A mother's guilt is non-stop. Chris has to *make* me lay down. I don't think I would lay down if he didn't make me. I'm so glad he does. It makes me feel just a *little* less guilty. :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: