Sunday, March 28, 2010

Crazy busy

I have been neglecting my blog.... I know. But I'm not sure I could squeeze out another thing in my schedule. I HAVE to sleep sometime! I know moms don't usually get much sleep, but I become a zombie after having anything less than 6 or 7 hours a night.

So here's what has consumed me late: The class I'm taking for grad school this semester is taking a LOT more time than my first semester. Last semester was Renaissance Literature. This semester: Organizational Communication. Not hard, but a lot of reading and research required! My research topic is comparing General Motors and Toyota's response to crisis and to determine who is winning the public relations war. It's a lot of fun, but I just wish I had more time to devote to it. On TOP of that, my paying job has been brutal! Not an exaggeration, simple truth. I was put in charge of editing all the content for our university's website. Uh, yeah. I thought the same thing. WHAT!??! How can one person do this, you ask? Not sanely... that's for sure. Our university website has 6,000 pages. Each section of the site has a spreadsheet which shows all the pages needed. (Note: I am TRYING to consolidate!! But convincing professors - who write thousands of words in a single sitting - is way more difficult than I anticipated). So while most days offer me a little downtime - that is not happening these days. Most nights, I am sitting in front of the TV with my laptop open either working or researching for class.

At home, Chris is settling into his new position quite nicely. He's traveling less (yay!)...but if I'm being completely honest - I wish I was the one who was working from home. I'd have time to cook more, pick up the kids from school. Yes, I'm old fashioned. Mom should be at home, not dad. But I'm grateful that someone is here so that the kids can be picked up early and dinner is always started by the time I walk in. Really, I'm very lucky.

Oh - and one more thing. I'm in love...... with spring! The kids are playing outside (without breaking a sweat), drinking lemonade on the porch, sidewalk chalk, bubbles, soccer.... SO much fun. It lifts my spirit in so many ways and seeing my children smile and laugh makes all the madness of work and school fade away.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Love the new layout! But you neglected to show us your pretty face on the sidebar! :) Hopefully things will slow down for you soon...