Monday, December 28, 2009

Teacher Gifts

Teacher gifts are H.A.R.D. to come up with. I probably put way more pressure on myself to be creative and not give a Christmas ornament or a stereotypical apple/school bus/school house figurine. I totally copied this from someone's blog but I put my own twist on it. Do you like? I think Mrs. Ward, Kennedy's kindergarten teacher liked it because she immediately put it on her door. We love Mrs. Ward SO much in our house that I HAD to do something creative and unique.
Here is how I made it:
Start with a styrofoam wreath. Then find cool coordinating, but not matchy-matchy fabric that you like. Cut the varying styles of fabric into strips and start tying. Tie them in double knots all the way around the wreath. Then on a canvas, paint the name you want with cute polka dots or stripes, hearts, stars, whatever you think your recipient will like. To attach the canvas to the wreath, I used wire, poked it through the excess on the back of the canvas, wrapped it around the wreath a few times and covered it with another strip of fabric!
Presto! I cool teacher gift that only took a few hours to make. Seriously, if I didn't have to work full-time, I'd be a craft-aholic.

No comments: