Friday, December 11, 2009

Daughtry Concert

I love concerts. I haven't attended many in my lifetime (Dixie Chicks, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban), but when I heard Daughtry was coming to Bossier - I jumped at the chance to go. He was my F.A.V.O.R.I.T.E. American Idol non-winner. He was robbed... seriously robbed. BUT, he has been successful anyway. Actually, more successful than the winner that year. If you are not familiar with his music (shame on you), he's a cross between pop music and rock. And let me tell you, that man can SING!

I have always been a musical person. I sang in the choir from elementary school to high school. I toured with our church choir. I had many, many solos with our youth ensemble. In college, I would sing the ballad solos during our sorority recruitment. I love to sing. LOVE it. It annoys Chris a little because I will jam out in the car and serenade him. I guess that's where Kennedy gets it from... ha!

Anyway, I went to the concert Tuesday night with my dear friend Daniel. Chris was out of town and Susie had a Christmas party to attend, so I took Daniel as a little Christmas gift. We had a few drinks before and then headed to CenturyTel Center. I didn't care too much about the opening act, but when the drums and bass started booming before Daughtry came out - I got SOOOO pumped up! We had riser seats, which gave us the perfect view! He sang songs from his older album and then several from his new album. AMAZING show.

Oh, and I know my husband won't get mad at me for saying this because he knows this is how I feel (and he has ladies he admires), but Daughtry is a VERY nice looking man! ;)

No comments: