Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sweet Note

As you know, when Chris is gone - mornings are INSANE at my house. Okay, they're probably a little crazy even when he is home. But when he is traveling, they are particularly difficult. I try to get completely ready before the kids wake up. I have not been very successful lately. Brady has turned into an early bird, waking up before 6:00 am the past two mornings. And after he eats breakfast (in his high chair, in my bedroom while I get ready), the crankiness sets in. And by cranky, I mean bawling crying, tears streaming down his fact, following me everywhere. If he is not on my hip, he's crying. Putting on make-up and getting dressed with a 30-pound kid on your hip isn't easy.

So after hurrying everyone to eat, get dressed, comb hair, brush teeth, pack bags, etc. etc... we jump in the car and we're off. Kennedy makes it to daycare just in time to hop on the bus and I leave Brady in his classroom, kicking and screaming because he doesn't want me to leave. I hang my head and walk out the door, trying to not break down myself.

But this challenging morning, the smallest but sweetest glimmer of love comes my way. I pull out my post-it notes (that I keep stashed in my console) to start making my "to do" list for the day and I find this note.

Kennedy must have grabbed my notepad and a pen during a ride in the car and written this note. It melts my heart and helps me to remember that this too shall pass. Through the madness of the day-to-day routine, I am blessed beyond measure to have wonderful friends and family and two amazing, healthy children. God is good.

No comments: