Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Setting a PR

It's amazing how running with someone can push you to places you didn't know you had in you. When I run with friends, I run harder and faster... which usually means I fall out at the end. Last night, I was very motivated to run. I usually walk out my front door and trek three miles in my neighborhood. But since our group (Susie, Ford, Eric, Chris and I) is about to start officially training for marathons and 1/2 marathons, we agreed to run together and motivate each other.

I drove to Eric's house last night and followed him on his neighborhood path. Maybe it was the different route; maybe it was because it was pitch black outside; maybe I was trying really hard to keep up even though that's impossible because he runs WAY faster than I do.... I'm not sure what the reason, but I ran my fastest 5K time ever! Eric swears it's exactly 3.1 miles.

I finished in 32:40. I know that's not a PR (personal record) to brag about... a lot of people run A LOT faster than that.

But here's how it compares to other races I've done:

Samaritan Spirit Run 2007 (first official 5K): 37:42

Uptown 5K 2007: 37:10

Mudbug Madness 2007: 35:10

Autumn Breeze 10K 2007: 1:06:26 (This was my first 10K; I was 7 weeks pregnant!)

Great Pumpkin Run 2008: 34:37 (Note: STILL shocked by this time. It was four months after I had Brady!)

Revel Run 2008: 34:29

Uptown 5K 2009: 35:05

These were the races with chip times. I don't remember the races that didn't offer chips. So I'm pretty proud of myself! Onto the next run.....

No comments: