Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Kindergarten

Kennedy starts Kindergarten next week. Last night, we met her teacher at Legacy Elementary. What a NICE school! It just opened last year so Kennedy will be in the second group students entering there. I cannot believe she is starting "big kid" school. We proudly put our sign in the front flowerbed at home.

In the class, she calmly looked around, introduced herself to her teacher, soaked in all her surroundings. I don't think she knows what's really going on, but she will figure it out next week when we drop her off.

And that's another thing, when we drop her off (dressed in her uniform, carrying her monogrammed back pack and lunch bag) - I fully expect to cry like a baby. In all the madness last night of the parents, school supplies, Parent-Teacher Organization sign up, etc... I didn't cry. It's not that I'm sad... it's that she is growing up so fast! I blinked and she's 5 years old! She's so articulate, thoughtful, loving, creative... and the most precious little girl to ever enter my life. I am blessed beyond measure....

No comments: