Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Kennedy's First Concert

I knew she was extremely excited about going to the Taylor Swift concert when I found a note when I was in her room. ((Speak Now is the name of her tour))


See, I wasn't so sure she wanted to go when we gave her the tickets for her birthday this summer. Her reaction was honestly kind of disappointing. I thought she would jump up and down, scream with that high-pitched sound I know she's very capable of.


But instead, we got a lackluster reaction. More of a... "Oh, ok thanks."


I explained what a concert was, but still - a blank look on her face.


Fast forward nearly two months..... and she's talking about the concert with her friends, planning her outfit, listening to her Taylor CD regularly. And just a few hours before the big event.... I found this:




Now THAT is the kind of excitement I was hoping for. Her best friend came with us, so it was girls night out.



We (somewhat) patiently stood in two separate lines to get their souvenir t-shirts in the right style, color, and the minute they had those shirts in their hands, they threw them on over their perfectly-styled outfits. Who cares, right? IT'S TAYLOR SWIIIIIIIIFT! I can't remember how many times I heard them scream that. :) 

Just when I get bogged down in the daily routine, something happens that makes me fall in love with my daughter all over again. This.Was.That.Night. She stood in her chair the ENTIRE concert and sand EVERY word to EVERY song. She was so happy. And you couldn't wipe the smile off my face either.




No comments: