Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Missing Daddy

Chris says he's "the mean daddy" who never has the kids run to him after they get in trouble. Well, yes - he is the "discipliner" of the house, but I like it that way.

(OF COURSE a mama doesn't want to punish her kids. I, however, do have a temper from time to time... )

But back to daddy...

So when either of the kids run to him with excitement, it truly melts his heart. He LOVES it.

So with Chris out of town this week in New York, they have been asking for him regularly. And today, when I picked up my sweet Brady, he looked at me and this is exactly how it went.

B: "Mommeeeeeeeeeee! You pick me up and not daddy?" (puzzled look on his face)

Me: "Hi Brady... yes, that's right. Daddy will be home tomorrow."

B: "Oh. Ok."

And when I looked at his behavior sheet for today, the notes from the afternoon teacher said... "Cried for daddy." When I asked her what happened, she told me that when he woke up from his nap, he cried wanting his daddy.

Okay, see Chris? Your son ADORES you..... always. :)

No comments: