Thursday, October 20, 2011

103 pairs of shoes

103 pairs of shoes. That's how many Kennedy and I collected for our annual Birthday Project.

I am so proud of her for *finally* embracing the idea to include a charity/community project with our birthdays. I think having me collect shoes with her helped. I also think spending time with The Hub's Family Serve project helped her realize that there REALLY are people who don't have homes, clothes, shoes, food, etc.

(I think she thought I was making it up...)


Rather than mail these shoes, we decided to put them to good use in our own community. On Thanksgiving weekend, The Hub hosts a meal for the homeless and we are giving to let them pick out some shoes.

I hope it goes smoothly... she is such a sensitive soul and I truly hope Kennedy can be filled with joy giving to others through all her hard work.

I am SO proud of her. :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: