Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is my favorite day of the WHOLE year. More than Christmas... more than my birthday... more than Thanksgiving, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Easter, Kwanza, MLK Day, etc, etc, etc.

It's the penultimate because the greatest gifts of my life are my children. Yes, the can frustrate the hell out of me sometimes. But at the end of the day, I am extremely blessed to have a vivacious, bubbly, sweet-spirited little girl .... and an energetic, loving, snuggly little boy. One of each and the best daddy and the world to share these gifts with.


Of course, "Muffins with Mom" is a great way to start the weekend. My little man brought me a muffin and we shared a cup of juice.


Kennedy's 1st grade class hosted a Mother's Day Tea. We enjoyed a cookie and lemonade sitting on a blanket outside.


And look at the sweetest hand-made gifts. Is there anything more heartfelt than a handprint on a gift bag or a Mommy Coupon Book (good for items like doing the dishes, taking out the trash, cleaning room, etc) or a picture frame decorated by such sweet little hands?


No doubt -- Mother's Day is MY favorite day....

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: