Thursday, September 17, 2009

Here We Go Again...

So the last post was about one of the kids (and myself) getting sick while Chris was out of town. Guess what? It happened again. I think I might start keeping a chart. I got a call from Brady's teacher today; he was throwing up and had diarrhea. Chris is in Orlando and I had back to back meetings today, so it wasn't a good day for one of the kids to get sick. Who am I kidding? It's NEVER a good day for someone in our family to get sick. It's just harder when I'm on my own.

In other news, I am really enjoying my MLA course. (Surprise!) Yes, I really am. I had so many emotions going into this program: fear of failure; excitement for embarking on this process; nervousness since I know many of the professors (which means they'll recognize me! NO anonymity!); anxiety about taking on yet another "project." But so far, so good!

When I get stressed about it, I just remember my long-term goal: teaching at the college level. As my friend DeAnn said the other day, "I can do anything... for a short period of time." So - want to know what my research paper topic is? Comparing the techniques of female Renaissance painters. I'm even enjoying research! Shocking, I know!

No comments: